Wednesday, July 7, 2021

"Great Art Explained"

Still, in Taiwan. Always.

For the past two months, the country has been hit with an infamous viral outbreak. Most people, and I, are required to stay at home. The trying constant cycle of waking up and going to bed while being in a rather small room has indeed birthed some revelations. I would call the experience prisoning. Loss of time perspective and health-driven routines came to a realization simultaneously. When I would normally enjoy my dinner I would be busy exercising of which techniques I had made up, then have dinner afterward. 

I have become more focused on myself. Discovered new hobbies? Not quite. But, it feels as if a day is given more hours to last. I've managed to schedule my everyday routines down to the minutes of the hour. I've moved on from the great boredom and longing to meet friends for meals. It wasn't easy to finally adjust.

Thus far, among most of the time that I have spent doing research, I've produced three paintings and several pen drawings. I've become more appreciative of history-filled art from the Renaissance. My YouTube history is now filled with clips from production by Great Art Explained. It's fascinating to be visually taken back in time when the most popular paintings in the world were produced by legendary artists whose names ranged from Edouard Manet to Vincent Van Gogh. Understanding the painting's history has inspired me to be confident in my art-making process. Who knows, right?

Alright, the call for a nighty-night sleep has come. Next time I write here I will include my aforementioned paintings and drawings.

No, actually I will include my pen drawings in this post.

Playing with shades


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your thought with me on the subject of the post above.