Thursday, September 10, 2020

Summer 2020 in Taiwan

Time flies. It certainly has since I arrived in Taiwan early last year. Today is actually towards the end of summer. Most of the time, I have stayed in Taipei where otherwise I would be in Taichung at my apartment. I have come back to this site to write a quick update. As I write I wonder if there is a story I can tell myself tonight. I guess I love writing a blog even though I only write when the time and mood come which rarely happens. My blog writings are spread over different sites. 

Perhaps I should talk about why I came here to Taiwan. Short answer, I came to study. Long answer... Nah, I'll just keep it short. 

Summer here this year with all the consequent problems from the pandemic has not been as bad as in other affected countries. Since the beginning, Taiwan has had good control over the virus within the island. We didn't even have an internal lockdown. Anyway, enough about the pandemic. During the Summer break, I have basically been busy with writing my research "Summer paper" paper with my professors. What sucks is that the Fall term will start in less than two weeks now and I'm only 65% with the paper. Like, by today I should be much closer to the finish line but three of us are currently struggling from a problem so the deadline is gonna have to be set back a couple of more weeks.

Let's put that topic aside. This was my first experience surviving a proper Summer season. I have to say, I have not been enjoying it. Haha. Too warm! I heard from a friend that Winter might be coming early this year because recent days felt a little less warm. Let's see! Personally, I cannot wait for cooler seasons. I have also got more tanned now. 

In the next post, I will write about my newly found hobbies involving toys and Netflix movies.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your thought with me on the subject of the post above.